No! That’s according to the Mayo Clinic. The rash isn’t infectious, and can’t be transmitted by touching blisters on someone else’s skin. It’s an allergic reaction caused ONLY by an oil on the plant’s leaves, which can trigger a painful rash up to 48 hours after contact. The only time you COULD get it from someone else is if you touch the clothes or shoes they were wearing when they were contaminated. To protect yourself, remember the saying “leaves of three, let it be.” And if you suddenly realize you’ve touched poison oak or ivy, you may be able to avoid the rash if you wash the area thoroughly with water and dish soap within 10 minutes. The dish soap will cut through the plant oil and rinse it away.