First, let’s deal with your Christmas tree. Research shows that ONE IN TEN people have an allergic reaction to a substance found in Evergreen sap. And millions more get stuffy from the natural pollens on Christmas tree branches! So before you drag that new tree into your house, spritz it down with your garden hose. Then make sure the room you put it in is well ventilated. Research shows that opening windows and circulating fresh air for at least 10 minutes a day, will cut your allergy flare-ups in HALF.
Next, let’s deal with your eye-watering Christmas decorations. Chances are if you’ve had them in storage for a year, they’re covered with a thin layer of dust, pet dander, and mold spores.
So wrap the ornaments in a plastic bag and stick them in the freezer for about five hours. That’ll kill off 100% of the dust mites.
Here’s one last culprit of the winter sniffles:
Scented candles, incense and dirty chimneys are the worst indoor pollutants. That can be as dangerous as second-hand smoke! So use electric candles that you plug in instead of light up. And get your chimney and fireplace cleaned by a professional.