alcohol, beer, blindness, brain damage, Connie Sellecca, conniesellecca, die, Dr. Ryan Welter, drunk, ethanol, fatal, hand sanitizer, hard liquor, intelligence for your life, intelligenceforyourlife, isopropyl, kidney damage, liquor, liver damage, poison, rubbing alcohol, toxic, Tristan Medical Center, wine, yeast-based ethanol
After all, it’s got “alcohol” in the name. So, are the effects similar to drinking beer, wine or hard liquor? According to Dr. Ryan Welter, from Tristan Medical Center in Massachusetts, the short answer is “Yes, but don’t.” He says most of the alcohol consumed in bars contains yeast-based ethanol – which is what makes us drunk. But products like rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer contain isopropyl – which is extremely toxic. In fact, Dr. Welter says drinking it may make you feel drunk at first…But the most common side effects include permanent blindness, brain damage, and kidney and liver damage. Not to mention the fact that you can DIE from drinking rubbing alcohol. Bottom line: Just because it has the word “alcohol” in the name, doesn’t mean its safe for consumption.