barbecue, BBQ, Connie Sellecca, conniesellecca, Emergency Room, ER, grill, grill brush, intelligence for your life, intelligenceforyourlife, life-saving surgery, metal bristles, save your life, surgery
Check the grill first to make sure there are no metal bristles from a wire grill brush stuck in the crevices. Otherwise, the wires could end up in whatever you cook. In fact, about 150 people end up in the ER every year after swallowing metal fragments at a barbecue – which can perforate the intestine, and require life-saving surgery. So, make sure you rinse the grill thoroughly. Or avoid the problem altogether, by using a brush made of plastic.