autism, children, Connie Sellecca, conniesellecca, get sick, infected, infection, intelligence for your life, intelligenceforyourlife, kids, measles, playdates, Seattle Children’s Hospital, sleepover, vaccinations, vaccine
If your kid was vaccinated against the measles – but his friend wasn’t – cancel any playdates or sleepovers. Because even though the measles vaccine is 99% effective – that still leaves a 1% chance your kid can get sick. That’s according to the infectious disease experts at Seattle Children’s Hospital. So even though it’s a long-shot your kids will be infected, why risk it? And yes, the vaccine is safe. The Journal of the American Medical Association says there’s ZERO connection between vaccines and autism.