bacteria, bleeding, Connie Sellecca, conniesellecca, cut, Dr. Neetee Gadgil, healing process, healthy skin cells, injury, intelligence for your life, intelligenceforyourlife, iodine, peroxide, red blood cells, rubbing alcohol, running water, scrape, scratch, sink, skin, skin cells, toxic, water, wound
When the skin isn’t broken, using iodine, rubbing alcohol or peroxide is great for killing bacteria. But for a cut, it’s toxic to normal, healthy skin cells, and slows the healing process. According to family physician Dr. Neetee Gadgil, when peroxide bubbles, it isn’t just cleaning the wound. It’s also killing healthy skin cells, and blowing up red blood cells. The best way get rid of debris and bacteria in a cut: Hold it under running water.